THE OPPORTUNITY HOUSE
STUDENT SUCCESS HAS A NEW ADDRESS.
The Opportunity House, a 50-bed facility, will provide stability and support to resilient students in pursuit of their college degree. Students will experience a vibrant residential living and learning community that emphasizes interpersonal leadership, scholarship, and service to community.
Our 24-hr live-in staff will provide a continuum of care for access to health and social services as well as a guidance and direction informed by student development theory. Opportunity House students will have access to healthy and nutritious meals, and our staff and community partners will provide dynamic wrap-around support that includes: tutoring and academic mentorship, mental health and wellness, job training and career development, financial literacy, and more.
The Opportunity House offers a variety of services to our students such as:
- Access to healthy and nutritious meals & cooking classes
- One-on-One tutoring and academic coaching
- Mental health and wellness support
- Job training and career development opportunities
- Weekly social and community building activities
Interested in living at Opportunity House?
Please follow the link below to create your applicant profile and apply for housing.
All applications are handled through our customized LA Room & Board Portal.
- You must be age 18-24
- You must be currently enrolled student attending college or trade school in Los Angeles County
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and fills up fast.
- Please read the LA Room & Board Student Guide before submitting your application.
PLEASE READ OUR STUDENT GUIDE
for detailed Amenities, Rules, and Regulations
LA Room & Board is committed to providing a safe and welcoming living environment for all students, including students who identify as transgender, genderqueer or gender non-conforming. Trans students seeking accommodations for living in the Opportunity House should contact email@example.com to inquire about space availability. All requests will be kept confidential.