THE DUNAMIS HOUSE
STUDENT SUCCESS HAS A NEW ADDRESS.
The Dunamis House, soon to be serving the Boyle Heights neighborhood of Los Angeles, will provide stability and support to resilient students in pursuit of their college degree. Students will experience a vibrant residential living and learning community that emphasizes interpersonal leadership, scholarship, and service to community.
This historic property formerly served as The Evergreen Hostel which provided a safe space for Japanese Americans to get back on their feet and to rebuild their lives. We intend to continue the legacy of providing hope and opportunity through our program. The Ancient Greek translation of Dunamis is ‘power’ and ‘potential’. Through the intentional work of our staff and community partners along with collaboration with the residents we’ll house, LA Room & Board hopes to unleash the power of our resident’s potential to create their very best lives and become more self-sufficient.
LARNB Residents Enjoy:
- Access to healthy and nutritious meals & cooking classes
- One-on-One tutoring and academic coaching
- Mental health and wellness support
- Job training and career development opportunities
- Weekly social and community building activities
Interested in living at Dunamis House?
Please follow the link below to create your applicant profile and apply for housing.
All applications are handled through our customized LA Room & Board Portal.
- You must be age 18-24
- You must be currently enrolled student attending college or trade school in Los Angeles County
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and fills up fast.
- Please read the LA Room & Board Student Guide before submitting your application.
PLEASE READ OUR STUDENT GUIDE
for detailed Amenities, Rules, and Regulations
LA Room & Board is committed to providing a safe and welcoming living environment for all students, including students who identify as transgender, genderqueer or gender non-conforming. Trans students seeking accommodations for living in the Dunamis House should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about space availability. All requests will be kept confidential.